Confidental says love your teeth
- Brush for at least 2 minutes each time to thoroughly clean all tooth surfaces.
- Brush your tongue using a back-to-front sweeping method to remove food particles and freshen your mouth.
- Remember to gently brush the roof of your mouth.
Choosing a Toothpaste:
- Choose a toothpaste that meets your dental health needs e.g. sensitive toothpaste for sensitive teeth, or fluoride toothpaste to help strengthen weak spots and prevent cavities.
- For children's teeth, it is always advisable to choose a toothpaste designed for milk-teeth, or children's new adult teeth.
The Right Toothbrush:
- Children need to use a child-size toothbrush, specific to the size and shape of their mouths and hands.
- Soft bristles with rounded ends provide gentle cleaning of teeth and delicate gum tissue.
- For adults, most dental professionals recommend a soft-bristle brush for removing plaque to help fight cavities and help prevent gum disease.
Replacing Your Toothbrush:
- Replace your toothbrush every three months.
- As a rule of thumb, when the bristles on your brush start to look splayed in a fan-like effect, replace it.
Nutrition and Dental Health:
- A good diet equals healthier teeth.
- Sugary snacks can lead to cavities.
- Choose nutritious snacks for you and your family, such as vegetables, low-fat yogurt, fruits and low-fat cheeses, which are healthier and better for your teeth.
- Removes plaque and food particles between your teeth.
- Helps prevent tooth decay.